+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ Repair of the engine
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Power shafts
+ Uniform hydraulic system
+ Brake system
+ Running gear and steering
- Body and finishing of salon
Care of components of a body and bottom of the car
Care of an upholstery and carpets of salon
Repair of insignificant damages of body panels
Repair of seriously damaged body panels
Removal and installation of a front bumper
Removal and installation of a rear bumper
Removal, installation and adjustment of a cowl
Removal and installation of a driving cable of an otpuskaniye of the lock of a cowl
Removal and installation of locks of a cowl
Removal, installation and adjustment of doors
Removal and installation of panels of an internal upholstery of doors
Removal and installation of door handles and components of the lock
Removal and installation of regulators of window regulators of door windows
Removal, installation and adjustment of a door of a back and its telescopic emphasis
Removal and installation of components of the lock of a door of a back
Removal and installation of components of the uniform lock
Removal and installation of components of the electric drive of door window regulators
Removal and installation of door rear-view mirrors and the accompanying components
Windshield, glass of a door of a back and the other fixed glasses - the general information
The top hatch - the general information
Exterior body finish
Removal and installation of seats
Removal and installation of seat belts
Removal and installation of elements of internal finishing of salon
Removal and installation of the central console
Removal and installation of the dashboard
Control body sizes
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
Repair of insignificant damages of body panels
Restoration of easily scratched paint and varnish covering
1. If scratch superficial also does not affect metal of the body panel, restoration of a paint and varnish covering is made extremely simply. For removal of particles of the exfoliated paint and a wax covering slightly rub the defective site with thin grinding paste. Rinse the processed surface with clear water.
2. By means of a small brush fill scratch with paint of the same type and color that it is used for coloring of this panel. Continue to apply paint a layer behind a layer until the bottom of scratch does not rise to the level of a surface of a surrounding paint and varnish covering of the body panel. Let's paint be polymerized within, at least, two weeks, then carefully polish a transitional zone with use of thin grinding paste. In conclusion process the restored panel wax.
3. If scratch got through paint and reached panel metal, having caused corrosion development, recovery repair has to be made on other technology. A penknife scrape out a powdery rust from a scratch bottom, then process the damaged site corrosion inhibitor in order to avoid development it in the future. By means of made of solid rubber or nylon of the applicator fill the damaged area with filling of glyantsovochny type. If necessary, what is especially useful at elimination of narrow deep furrows, filling can be diluted with special solvent. Before the put structure hardens in scratch, wrap up a finger-tip soft cotton fabric, moisten it in solvent, and quickly carry out along scratch. As a result the surface of the restored site has to become slightly concave. Now, after filling hardening, the restored surface can be painted with use of the technology described in the first part of the real subsection.
Repair of dents
At repair of dents the pulling of the deformed surface of the body panel for the purpose of restoration of its initial form becomes a priority. Let's notice that there is no sense to try to obtain absolute compliance of a form to the original especially as it and is unattainable in view of irreversible violations of internal structure of metal at the time of blow. Will be to bring the deformed surface to level to about 3 mm below a surface of the surrounding intact part of the panel quite enough.
In case the dent is superficial, the pulling it in general loses any meaning.
1. If it is possible to approach the deformed site from a reverse side of the panel, it is necessary to try to align a dent from within, tapping metal the hammer with soft brisk. At the same time it is necessary to press to the face of the damaged site of the panel densely the wooden hammer for the purpose of repayment of impulses of blows and in order to avoid an excessive flexure of the restored metal.
2. If the dent settles down on the two-layer site, or access to it from a reverse side of the panel is impossible for any other reason, it is necessary to change a technique. Nasverlite in the most deeply deformed areas of a dent several small openings, then screw in them long self-tapping screws, leaving heads of the last sticking out over the surface of metal. Now start a metal pulling, taking heads of screws самоконтрящимися nippers.
3. At the following stage of processing it is necessary to clear completely of paint the damaged site and the surface of the panel surrounding it on width about 3 cm. It is the best of all to perform this work by means of a wire or grinding nozzle to the electric drill. Not less effectively cleaning of paint can be executed and manually with use of an emery paper. The final stage of preparation of a surface for a shpatlevaniye is ruggedization of naked metal of a dent by a protsarapyvaniye its screw-driver or a fragment of a file, or drilling of small openings. The roughness of a surface increases efficiency of adhesion to it shpatlevochny paste. Further it is possible to start a shpatlevaniye and coloring of the processed site (see below).
Repair of the rusted openings and holes
1. By means of a grinding or wire nozzle to the electric drill remove from the damaged area and on the site about 3 cm wide around it all paint. Not less effectively work can be performed and manually by an emery paper.
2. Having cleared a surface of paint, it is possible to estimate a metal damage rate corrosion and to be defined in a question of expediency of performance of repair of the panel (perhaps, it will be more reasonable to replace it entirely if it in principle is possible). New body panels often can be acquired not for such big money as it usually is represented, - it is enough to spend couple of days, going round city dismantling and automobile dumps.
3. Remove from the damaged panel all elements of finishing of a body, except for those which can serve as a reference point at restoration of an initial form of the damaged site (for example, facing of block headlights, etc.). Or by means of a hacksaw cloth remove with scissors on metal the panel elements which everything are freely dangling, poorly fixed and hopelessly damaged by corrosion. Bend edges of an opening the hammer inside for the purpose of formation of deepening for placement in it shpatlevochny material.
4. Remove with a wire brush from the damaged site a powdery rust. If there is an access to a reverse side of the panel, process it around the damaged area corrosion inhibitor.
5. Before starting a shpatlevaniye, it is necessary to muffle a hole. Usually it is made by gluing or screwing up to a reverse side of the panel in the damaged its area of a piece of a tin, or a close-meshed wire grid. Having reliably blocked an opening, it is possible to start a shpatlevaniye of the panel and the subsequent its coloring (see below).
Shpatlevaniye and coloring
Now the chemical industry brings to attention of buyers the widest range of various body fillings. However, the two-component shpatlevochny paste offered complete with sets for repair of body panels with the hardener attached to it in a tube best of all is suitable for this type of works. For achievement of smoothness and correctness of a form of a zashpatlevanny surface paste has to be applied with the flexible rubber or nylon applicator.
1. Strictly following instructions of manufacturers (violation can lead them to incomplete hardening of shpatlevochny weight), mix a little filling on a pure wooden plate, or a leaf of a cardboard. Try to spend a hardener carefully.
2. Apply with the applicator the prepared mix on processed (see above) the surface of the damaged site of the body panel. For receiving the correct contour of the removed surface each dab the applicator has to pass through all length of the restored site. As soon as the form of the restored site of the panel comes nearer to initial, immediately stop putting filling as it, stiffening, will begin to podlipat to the applicator, forming lumps and leaving the tease on the processed surface. Continue to apply filling a layer behind a layer with intervals about 20 minutes until the level of a surface of the restored site slightly does not tower over surrounding metal of the intact part of the panel.
3. After paste hardening, excess of filling can be removed by means of a file. Further the stage of a zashkurivaniye and grinding begins. Best of all this work is performed by means of a waterproof emery paper with uniform granularity and strong adhesion of an abrasive (it is desirable import production). It is necessary to begin grinding with coarse-grained paper No. 180, on progressing reducing granularity to No. 600. To achieve adequate planeness of the ground surface paper it is necessary to turn around whetstone from dense rubber, a tree or polyfoam (for convenience paper can be pasted on whetstone). In processing of a surface paper has to be moistened regularly and often with water. Such technology allows to achieve absolute smoothness of the restored surface at the final stage of grinding.
4. Upon completion of this stage, the processed site has to be the surrounded ring of pure naked metal which is coming to an end with gradually coming to naught edge of the intact paint and varnish covering. Rinse the processed surface with clear water, washout from it all abrasive formed during grinding. Then carefully dry the panel.
5. From an aerosol barrel sprinkle the processed surface a thin layer of light primer. It will help to reveal all mistakes made in the course of grinding. The found defects then are eliminated by filling of hollows and is erose filling. Repeat a stage of a zashkurivaniye and grinding. Continue to act the same way until you achieve the required form and smoothness of the restored site of the panel. In conclusion again rinse the panel with clear water and dry it.
6. Now the restored panel is ready to coloring. Work with an airbrush has to be performed at motionless air in the dry, warm and not dusty room. If circumstances force to carry out coloring in the open air, it is necessary to take the choice of suitable weather conditions seriously. During the work indoors, beat dust, having sprinkled a floor water. If coloring only of the certain site of a body is made, cover the surrounding intact panels with old newspapers, having fixed them by a special adhesive paper tape (not an adhesive tape). Such elements of finishing as the chromeplated decorative strips, door handles, facing of block headlights, etc., at a stage of coloring it is better to remove from the body panel.
7. When using of the paints delivered in the form of aerosols carefully stir up a barrel, then sprinkle paint a trial surface, fulfilling technology of coloring. Cover the surface prepared for coloring with a powerful layer of primer. Thickness of a covering has to be reached due to recurrence of putting paint by thin layers. Without feeling sorry for water, polish the prepared surface a fine-grained emery paper No. 600. Before putting decorative paint let's primer dry out completely.
8. Begin to apply with thin layers on the grounded surface decorative paint. Begin coloring from the center of the restored site, making a hand with an aerosol barrel / airbrush the circular movements, on a spiral expanding their radius and not stopping until all prepared site with an overlap in three-five centimeters is not covered with a layer of fresh paint. 10 — 15 minutes (it is better not later not to damage the edge of the paint beginning to dry up) later after drawing the last layer, unstick the adhesive tapes and newspapers covering surrounding panels of a body. Final polymerization of paint happens after about two weeks then for smoothing of transition of fresh paint rub the restored surface with thin grinding paste. In conclusion process the panel wax.
Restoration of plastic components
Performance of repair of the burst plastic components should be charged to experts. Use pine forest machine for a protachivaniye along a crack of a flute which then the plastic core from plastic of the same type, as the repaired detail keeps within is the basis for technology. Further halves of the burst panel are accustomed to drinking with each other by means of the special hair dryer. Excess of plastic is removed by grinding.
Less serious damages can be eliminated with own forces of the amateur mechanic by defect filling with a 2-component epoxy compound.
When replacing of the damaged plastic component it is necessary to take care of selection of the replaceable panel suitable on color.
For coloring of the details made of plastic it is necessary to use special paints and primers (ask in shops of automobile accessories and strictly follow instructions of manufacturers).
On the homepage